Saturday, May 3, 2008

Jeanne d'Arc

does anyone know of any cool places in the Los Angeles that would be able to hold a film screening? I am looking for a place to hold a screening of the film, Orchard Vale (www.orchardvalethemovie.com). Joan of Arc will be touring the west coast in early June; I will be present at all the California shows. It would be neat if the screening could be held at an early time, so that it wouldn't conflict with any of the gig times. We have three days that we can probably do this: Friday (june 6), Saturday (june 7), or Sunday(june 8). I have a few options, but it would be real helpful if I can get some more options/ideas. The film is about 96 minutes long, so I guess a four or five o'clock viewing would be great. Any place will do: a house, cafe, warehouse, art gallery/space, venue, etc. If anyone can help, contact me here or via e-mail: joa2000@yahoo.com
thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I noticed that Joan of Arc will be playing at Pehrspace this Sunday. Do you know if Orchard Vale will be screened there as well? I'd like to attend if so...any details would be much appreciated.

thanks!

Topher said...

hey, I hope you get this in time: unfortunately, Orchard Vale will not be screened at pehrspace. The people at pehrspace thought that it would be overwhelming to have both. The film had not been played anywhere else this week, so you haven't missed out (most of the galleries were booked). you should still go to the show though; it starts around 8 or 9. If you decide to go, say hello.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! Too bad, since I'd definitely like to see the film.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to Pehrspace, but I did see them at the Knitting Factory last Friday. Hope the Perhspace show was a good crowd...