Tuesday, October 7, 2008

so the dodgers beat the cubs. I'm kind of still on the fence on this one. I don't know whether to be excited or bummed. I was definitely looking forward to the cubs going all the way, but then again, there's a part of me that wanted to see LA go through to the series. It's kind of funny because I don't really get into sports until around playoffs. It's like skipping the dialogue and story line of Home Alone, just to watch the part where Macaulay Culkin actually sets up those traps around the house. You know that was the best part and the main premise. Post season is definitely where it's at.
My parents went to see Iron & Wine and the SwellSeason a couple of days ago, which was kind of random when I found out. I knew it was definitely something my dad wanted to see, but my mom? I remember back in high school I used to try to get her into music that I liked. She liked rilo kiley, but she never could remember their name. She referred to them as "that band with the girl you like." I don't know how my dad got her to go, but she did....and enjoyed it. She recently gave me her vinyl collection, which she had since she was a kid. It was like a time capsule filled with 60's pop music: from obscure, one hit wonders, hits, and spanish pop songs (which is kind of funny considering that she was only like ten when the 60's came to an end). With her being the type who isn't a real hardcore music listener, I was really thrilled when she handed over her records and introduced me to her favorite music as a youngster.

No comments: