Saturday, November 24, 2007

transmit failure

so I went out and bought the four hundred years album, "transmit failure", and have been blow away yet again. I've had the songs forever now, but I never actually bought this cd by them (or at least not this "enhanced" version). It's incredible, there's a special feature on the disc that allows you to see their 1997 show at the lizard & snake in north carolina. a whole set! what an incredible bunch of folks. There's so much passion and energy in this band that I have never seen in my life before. What is it about bands now that has made the "scene" such a joke. put aside the present day clothing and hair styles and just look at the music. what has changed that has put such a negative connotation towards this "scene"? I think it's the lost of passion; bands doing it for the wrong reasons. There's hope in Whittier...let's just hope it spreads elsewhere.
I think alexisonfire said it best:
"'Cause this shit is not about pants
And this shit's not about shirts
And this shit is definitely not about hair
This shit is having a good fucking time
Maybe music isn't dead
Maybe music isn't dead
Maybe we all just forgot what it fucking sounded like
They forgot!
They forgot!"

No comments: