Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sleepy Freakin' Time Trio



Holy Shit!!!!! The Sleepytime Trio are back! I would have never thought that I would see them play again. They played the Action Patrol reunion show at Alley Katz in Richmond last saturday. Oh my god, I'm still in disbelief. If I could think of one band that has had a huge impact on my life, I would say that the Sleepytime Trio did that for me. I could remember hearing them for the first time in high school not knowing what to think of them; but as the years went by, I slowly understood who they were, and I wanted to be a part of that revolution. Sleepytime Trio arose from the ashes of Maximillian Colby. They went on to form some of the greatest bands that I have had the privilege to listen to. Dave Nesmith and Ben Davis went on to form Bats & Mice. From there, Ben went on to perform in bands like Milemarker, and recently Ben Davis & the Jetts (solo project), and Auxes. Dave went on to play with the Rah Bras and has recently released his first comic entitled, "El Greed". Drew Ringo went on to play in Supine to Sit and has been a part of a folk project called Mostly Dimes. Jonathan Fuller played drums for Bats & Mice on their first EP. He also was a part of Engine Down (playing guitar) and Denali (playing drums). The last time I heard, Ben, Dave, and Jonathan were writing a new Bats & Mice album. A Sleepytime Trio reunion came truly out of the blue. I did not expect it. This is the greatest thing that I've heard in awhile. I'm speechless.
If you don't have the Sleepytime Trio album, "Memory-Minus" album, here's a link to where you can get a hold of it. "30 Equals" is my favorite song on that album. Perfection beyond explanation:
LOVITT RECORDS
Sleepytime Trio

No comments: