Saturday, December 29, 2007

lost

so i'm going to this show in echo park...I have the address to the place, but the numbers are really hard to see/or are just not posted at all along the sidewalk. so i find an area/block that I know that the place has to be within the proximity. I see some people carrying large crates, which to me looked like a couple of amps. "cool, they're entering that house, that's probably where the show's at."
So I follow them to a house that was lit nicely with all kinds of fancy lights. In the center of the first room were some instruments that were set up: a drum set, bass amp, and a guitar amp. The room was brightly lit and the setup was almost too perfect. So as I'm standing there, I can't help but notice that I'm being stared at. I see some people talking on the other side of the room with some papers in their hands. I assume that I'm early since there wasn't a lot of people there, so I decide to make my way to those people on the other side of the room just to see if I had missed something..."hey, am I too early? is this where the show's at?" Then one of the guys responded, "um, we're filming a music video."
for the rest of the night I wore a badge that said "idiot" on it. it was blue.
and yes. I made it to the show...that badge got me in for free. but I think it was a free show anyway.

No comments: